Express Cash

Express Cash lets you use your HuskyCard like a debit card

You can add Express Cash to your HuskyCard  and it will function like a debit card. Use it to purchase items at campus retailers that accept Michigan Tech Express Cash, including the Campus Bookstore, University Images, Rozsa Box Office, SDC Central Ticket Office, the MUB Food Court, the Library café, Fusion, and some vending machines.  Express Cash is also used to pay for color printing on Husky Color printers.

Add Express Cash to your HuskyCard

You can add Express Cash to your HuskyCard online at MyMichiganTech or in-person at the Technical Assistance Center at the Library during university business hours.

Balances carry over

Express Cash balances carry over semester to semester.

Transaction fees

There are no transaction fees for adding value to the Express Cash account or spending Express Cash.

Check balances and spending history

Students can check balances at MyMichiganTech or Card Services.

Report a problem with, or get a refund from a vending machine

Visit the Dining Services site for more information about vending machine issues.


You can request a partial cash withdrawal from your Express Cash account at the Library and IT Service Center during university business hours. There is a $3.00 charge for each cash withdrawal.

Please note that there are withdrawal restrictions.

  • Minimum withdrawal of $20
  • Maximum withdrawal of $200/day
  • Maximum total withdrawal of $500/month

You can only request partial cash withdrawals from your Express Cash account; you cannot withdraw money from your Top Dog Meals account. You can request a full refund from either account if you are permanently leaving the university. Please see the instructions for requesting a full refund check in the Express Cash Refunds section below.


You can request a full refund check of your Express Cash account or Top Dog Meals account by sending an email to IT from your Michigan Tech email account. Our Business team will send the check to the provided address, which will take approximately two to three weeks for you to receive.

  • Verify that you are permanently leaving the university.

  • Please send from your Michigan Tech email account; include your M# in the request.

  • Please include an address to which you'd like your check to be sent.

Departmental purchase of Express Cash

If you would like to place Express Cash on an active student, staff, or faculty HuskyCard, you can visit the Technical Assistance Center and use cash or a check for the exact amount to Michigan Tech IT. along with providing the name and M number of the person. Express Cash can only be added to HuskyCards, not meal or special access cards. Express Cash is not able to be charged to an account index.

If you would like to use an account index to request a card for on-campus purchases, departments can complete the Dining Service Gift Cards form. Please contact Dining Services for more information.

Was this helpful?
100% helpful - 1 review


Article ID: 52857
Thu 4/26/18 5:12 PM
Thu 11/5/20 5:02 PM