Getting your first HuskyCard

ID requirement

A valid, government-issued photo ID is required, such as a driver's license, a state ID, or a passport.

Where do I get it?

Incoming fall undergraduate and transfer students are to arrive at their designated day/time during Move-In Weekend to receive their Move-In packets and HuskyCards.

Employees, incoming graduate students, and spring undergraduate students may get their HuskyCards at the Technical Assistance Center (TAC).

Can I submit my own photo?

Yes, please do! We have photo guidelines and instructions so you can submit your own photo before you arrive on-campus.

Incoming fall students will need to submit an approved photo before the deadline in order to get a preprinted HuskyCard.

How much does it cost?

Your first HuskyCard is complimentary. There is a $15 replacement fee for damaged, lost, or stolen HuskyCards.

How do I take care of my HuskyCard?

Keep your HuskyCard safe and do not give it out to others. Do not punch holes in, bend, bite, crack, place near a wireless charger, or use it as an ice-scraper.

Do not leave it at home during academic breaks and keep it secure when you are playing Broomball or other outdoor activities.

Do remote students need a HuskyCard?

No, you do not need a HuskyCard. However, you can receive one as a Michigan Tech student. If you would like information about obtaining a HuskyCard, please email or call IT at (906) 487-1111.

Can someone else pick up my HuskyCard?

No, we need to issue the HuskyCard directly to the person on the HuskyCard.

Can my spouse or dependent get a HuskyCard?

No, we print HuskyCards only for active students, staff, and faculty at Michigan Tech with an M number assigned.  The Central Ticket Office in the SDC offers student spouse/dependent cards for a fee to receive discounts around campus.

85% helpful - 13 reviews


Article ID: 51411
Tue 4/3/18 1:47 PM
Tue 2/28/23 8:33 AM